Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

BEAR on the AIR

You guys...I'm going to be a TV guest tonight.

I started this blog less than a year ago, because living in D.C. means that I hear people talk politics all the time - and being raised in the South means that I know better than to yell at them in person when they are just plain wrong. So, writing this was my way to vent. I was never really that serious about it (with work and grad school, there just wasn't much time left over), and I never thought anyone would really read it. But I started tweeting the links to new posts - and people were reading, so I kept writing every few days or so, on everything from the Iran Deal to The Bachelorette.

And when I saw that Fox was looking for twentysomethings to join a GOP Debate pre-show, I sent an email - three lines, tapped out between meetings a couple days ago - and was lucky enough to make it through the interview process and be picked to appear on the show. I got the phone call on Wednesday night in the middle of a run, and almost fell off the treadmill! To know that what I write resonates with people - that's an amazing feeling. And to have Fox News invite me to represent young voters to their audience - I'm completely honored and humbled. We taped last night, and I can't wait for you to see the finished product.

It will air in the 7:00 hour of On The Record with Greta Van Susteren. I hope you'll tune in!




No comments:

Post a Comment