Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

What Hillary Didn't Say

Her Royal Highness Hillary Clinton has finally decided to peer down from her pedestal, hand-pick one member of the media, and grant that lucky reporter an interview. That reporter was, of course, from CNN - because Hillary knew she could count on those lapdogs to do as she wished. 

CNN failed to ask her anything substantial, and in Clinton-Land, that's a success. Nothing about foreign donations, nothing about what she did or did not accomplish as Secretary of State, and only the most basic surface-level questions about hiding her emails. This isn't the network's or the reporter's fault - what we know from the Hillary emails we have seen is that she won't agree to any press event that isn't guaranteed to make her look good.

Hillary's answers weren't answers so much as they were a set of excuses - many of which were blatantly false. This is a woman who does not want to tell the whole truth about herself. We deserve better than being lied to - so, take a look at the annotated Hillary answers. My comments are in red.

 On whether or not she would raise taxes:

"I will be laying out my own economic policies." Then maybe you should tell us what they are? "Again, everybody has to run his or her own campaign. And I'm going to be telling the American people what I propose and how I think it will work, and then we'll let voters make up their minds." Okay, so like...when are you going to start telling us what you actually want to do with the country? Because you haven't started doing that yet, and it's kind of the whole point of a campaign.

On hiding and deleting her emails:

"Well let's start from the beginning. Everything I did was permitted." No, it wasn't. Destroying documents under subpoena is a federal crime. "There was no law. There was no regulation." There were both of those things, and you knew it. You never even set up a State Department email address, which is required of ALL employees. "There was nothing that did not give me the full authority to decide how I was going to communicate. Previous secretaries of state have said they did the same thing." Condolleezza Rice never used private email for State business. Colin Powell did, but he turned over everything, as required. "And people across the government knew that I used one device - maybe it was because I am not the most technically capable person and wanted to make it as easy as possible." You used at least two devices. This is well-known and documented. Also, if you're not good with technology - and I mean really good at technology - you shouldn't be storing classified information on a home-brewed server in a backyard shed.  

On the subpoena:

"I've never had a subpoena." Yes, you did. This is documented fact. "When I mailed anybody in the government, it would go in to the government system." Unless that person - like Huma Abedin, Sidney Blumenthal, etc. - also had an email address on your home-brewed server. Then, the government has no record. "If the State Department didn't capture something, I made a real effort to get it to them." Oh really? Is that why you turned over 55,000 printed pages, instead of searchable electronic copies? Is it also why you deleted tens of thousands of your emails? Because the whole point of State Department rules is that you don't get to decide what is or is not public record.

On the Clinton Foundation: 

 "I am so proud of the Clinton Foundation...I think for the good of the world, its work should continue." Proud that it donates only 6% of its money to charity? Proud that you were able to get preferential treatment for countries who "donated"? Proud that the Foundation lied on its tax forms for the past five years, and now you have people scrambling to "fix" the "mistake"?

On trust:

"People should and do trust me." No, they don't, and no, they shouldn't.

This entire campaign is based on lies, lies that go unchallenged by the media. Hillary doesn't want to talk about policy at all. She only wants to lie about her record. This is someone who is not fit to run for office, let alone hold the highest office in our nation.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment